Langsung ke konten utama

Easy Building a modern farmhouse dining table


I was seeing a trend on home blogs of building your own farmhouse dining table. I like the idea of saving money and building your own awesome dining table so we decided to build one for ourselves too.  Like a lot of people we used ana-white.com for free easy awesome plans.  I am now addicted to Ana's website. I want to build everything in our house from scratch but my husband doesn't share the same feeling.


modern farmhouse dining table

We had a smaller table with 4 chairs that didn't feel right for our small eat in kitchen which is our only eating space in our home.  So we sold it on craigslist and used the money to buy the supplies for our new table.


We are in love with our new table and a little obsessed.  We are also very proud of ourselves for building our own super sturdy, awesome, incredibly beautiful, obsessively gorgeous, makes me wanna clean it everyday modern family farmhouse dining table ( I told you I was obsessed).  We used the shopping and cutting list provided in Ana's website and then followed the instructions to a T.


We bought mini hand held Kreg jig.  We had never used one before but it was easy to use and I love that it hides all the screws under the table top.  We also had all of our lumber cut at Home Depot.






We then sanded the whole table but I don't have any pictures of that part of the process. We taped and covered the whole kitchen with plastic because we sanded it inside the house, crazy I know. We started with 60 grit rough sanding paper, then worked our way to 180 grit medium sand paper and all the way down to 220 grit fine sanding paper. We finished the table with wood conditioner, one thick coat of Rustoleum's Dark Kona stain applied with foam brushes.  We let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes and wiped out the excess with a cheese cloth.  We used  3 coats of Minwax water based polycrylic in satin finish for the top coat. And that's it.  She's a beauty.


And here she is with the chairs we bought through Craigslist.  The chairs are waiting to be painted, I'm thinking glossy white or some other bright pop of color, not sure yet.

modern farmhouse dining table

modern farmhouse dining table 

I'm in love, it's not perfect but it's not supposed to be.  It's bigger that our old table but the smaller chairs really help to make it feel alot more spacious than before.  It's been about 4 months since we built it and we couldn't be happier with our table, we are totally in love.

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Lining Shelves With Contact Paper

It all started when I wanted to drink a cup of tea!  Now what does drinking a cup of tea and lining shelves with contact paper have to do with each other, you ask!  Well the cabinet was overstuffed and when I reached out for the tea box, it and other miscellaneous stuff fell out of the cabinet.  I thought to myself, while the water for my tea simmers I can quickly empty out the cabinet and reorganize it, it's just a small cabinet it wont take more than 5 minutes, right?  Wrong, wrong, wrong! I emptied it out and the contact paper that was put there by one of the previous owners was hanging in the front and I decided it was time to pull it off!  Well, once I pulled it off I remembered why it was still there in the first place.  When we first moved in, I went to remove the contact paper from one of the other cabinets and there was another paper underneath it that was torn around the edges and I tried to remove it but that thing was super glued. ...

Lightening Up The Kitchen

When we bought our new house we inherited a  fugly kitchen.  From day one I started thinking of some inexpensive, quick fixes we could do to make it more our style until we could afford a major remodel. The kitchen walls were painted a dark blue, and the cabinets are white on top and black on the bottom.  They are painted in flat finish and they were not primed, you know what that means, right?  When you try to clean them the paint comes off and all the dirt, oil and wine splatters are absorbed into the flat finish, leaving dingy splotches everywhere.  Even the ceiling is painted in flat white and it has wine splatters on it.  I know what you are thinking, how on earth does one get wine up on the ceiling?  It's irrelevant! Before  The appliances were beige and the fridge had "faux" wooden door handle. The kitchen also came with a "fabulous" faux brick back splash and an even more "fabulous" faux butcher block counter top, It's "fauxbulicious...

18 Beautiful Labelled Diagram Of A Blast Furnace

Labelled Diagram Of A Blast Furnace mstworkbooks za natural sciences gr9 gr9 eb 03 htmlThis project should be handed out in the beginning of the chapter so that learners have time to work on it Information for the project is provided in the sections in the chapter but learners also need to find information on their own Labelled Diagram Of A Blast Furnace is a chemical element with symbol Fe from Latin ferrum and atomic number 26 It is a metal in the first transition series It is by mass the most common element on Earth forming much of Earth s outer and inner core It is the fourth most common element in the Earth s crust Its abundance in rocky planets like Earth is due to its abundant production by fusion in high mass stars where it lathes uk manualsLATHES MILLERS GRINDERS SHAPERS BORERS and OTHER MACHINE TOOL Instruction Operation and Maintenance Manuals Handbooks and Parts Manuals Labelled Diagram Of A Blast Furnace Manteaux churns out silly new words when you feed it...