Langsung ke konten utama

Thrifty Finds


Thrifty Finds, Rattan mirror, metal plant stand, bamboo handles

I just wanted to pop in an show you my latest thrifty finds.  While shopping around at Goodwill a few days a go, I scored some pretty cool stuff for cheeeeeap!  I actually popped in there real quick to see if I could find a mirror for the bathroom that we are working on.

Bamboo Handles

Lets start off with these cool bamboo looking handles. They probably used to be from some tacky purse right?  Well, last week Dana talked about Bolga Baskets and when I saw this pair for a buck I had to bring'em home with me for a little Bolga DIY project.

Mid century Metal plant stand

Next up is this green and gold, metal, Mid Century triple plant stand.  If you remember back when I shared an Ikea wish list there was a triple plant stand that I wanted to purchase.  Lucky for me, last time we went there it wasn't available.  So naturally when I saw this triple plant stand for only $6, I went and grabbed a cart to stick this baby into.

Octagonal rattan mirror

I left the best for last.  I mentioned going into Goodwill to see if I could find a mirror for the bathroom, right!  This thing was meant to be.  It was the perfect dimensions and hello its freggin rattan looking.  I say looking because it's actually some plastic-ish material it's also painted to look like rattan.  The tag read $10 which was already to good to be true, giving that it was the perfect size and style.  I ended up paying only $5 because it was 50% off yellow tags and guess what color tag this puppy had?  Yup, you guessed it!  Can you believe it?  I spent less than $15 on these three items.
Given that our bathroom has turned out to be a complete mess of a mini makeover, more on that later,  I'd say this was one lucky shopping trip.  Well now I gots to go clean up all this stuff.            

  

 

Postingan populer dari blog ini

18 Beautiful Labelled Diagram Of A Blast Furnace

Labelled Diagram Of A Blast Furnace mstworkbooks za natural sciences gr9 gr9 eb 03 htmlThis project should be handed out in the beginning of the chapter so that learners have time to work on it Information for the project is provided in the sections in the chapter but learners also need to find information on their own Labelled Diagram Of A Blast Furnace is a chemical element with symbol Fe from Latin ferrum and atomic number 26 It is a metal in the first transition series It is by mass the most common element on Earth forming much of Earth s outer and inner core It is the fourth most common element in the Earth s crust Its abundance in rocky planets like Earth is due to its abundant production by fusion in high mass stars where it lathes uk manualsLATHES MILLERS GRINDERS SHAPERS BORERS and OTHER MACHINE TOOL Instruction Operation and Maintenance Manuals Handbooks and Parts Manuals Labelled Diagram Of A Blast Furnace Manteaux churns out silly new words when you feed it...

Lightening Up The Kitchen

When we bought our new house we inherited a  fugly kitchen.  From day one I started thinking of some inexpensive, quick fixes we could do to make it more our style until we could afford a major remodel. The kitchen walls were painted a dark blue, and the cabinets are white on top and black on the bottom.  They are painted in flat finish and they were not primed, you know what that means, right?  When you try to clean them the paint comes off and all the dirt, oil and wine splatters are absorbed into the flat finish, leaving dingy splotches everywhere.  Even the ceiling is painted in flat white and it has wine splatters on it.  I know what you are thinking, how on earth does one get wine up on the ceiling?  It's irrelevant! Before  The appliances were beige and the fridge had "faux" wooden door handle. The kitchen also came with a "fabulous" faux brick back splash and an even more "fabulous" faux butcher block counter top, It's "fauxbulicious...

Lining Shelves With Contact Paper

It all started when I wanted to drink a cup of tea!  Now what does drinking a cup of tea and lining shelves with contact paper have to do with each other, you ask!  Well the cabinet was overstuffed and when I reached out for the tea box, it and other miscellaneous stuff fell out of the cabinet.  I thought to myself, while the water for my tea simmers I can quickly empty out the cabinet and reorganize it, it's just a small cabinet it wont take more than 5 minutes, right?  Wrong, wrong, wrong! I emptied it out and the contact paper that was put there by one of the previous owners was hanging in the front and I decided it was time to pull it off!  Well, once I pulled it off I remembered why it was still there in the first place.  When we first moved in, I went to remove the contact paper from one of the other cabinets and there was another paper underneath it that was torn around the edges and I tried to remove it but that thing was super glued. ...